Lunesta is a sleep medication which is frequently prescribed by doctors for treating of insomnia in adults. Lunesta dosage comes in 3 distinct prescriptions of 1 mg, 2 mg, and 3 mg tablets and it is generally approved for brief periods of 1 to 2 weeks. You must never make modifications to the approved dose without having your doctor’s authorization, for instance, when you require a bigger dose or perhaps a prolonged treatment time.
It is a member of a category of drugs known as sedatives or hypnotics, also referred to as sleep medications. Even though Lunesta has shown to be successful in aiding people fall asleep quicker as well as sleep longer, it ought to be used with careful attention since it is a controlled substance (just like a number of other sleep medications) that could be misused. The substance has proven beneficial both for chronic sleeplessness and temporary sleeplessness.
What determines the actual dosage?
The actual prescribed amount of tablets is determined by numerous aspects, including how old you are, physical condition, how long your insomnia has been occurring, other health conditions (e.g. liver disease or liver failure, depressive disorders, allergic reactions to foods, chemical preservatives, or dyes, any kind of respiratory illness) along with other medications which you are presently using (e.g. prescription and non-prescription drugs, vitamins, herbal supplements). Make sure that you tell your doctor if you have any record associated with addictions, are pregnant or expecting, are breastfeeding your baby, as well as drink any alcoholic beverages.
How to take Lunesta?
There are a few other suggestions you must know about in order to safely take the drug:
- Lunesta will be ingested right before going to bed. Since the substance functions instantly you need to be all set for getting to sleep prior to taking it.
- Therefore, do not use it prior to driving a car or carrying out any activities which require attention.
- It is advised that you have your dosage with a glass of water, not right after a meal and also not together with food.
- You have to use it as approved in order that it works effectively; it does not do the job in case you quit taking it.
- If you miss out on a dosage, do not compensate for any skipped dosages, and also do not use it throughout the day or perhaps in the midst of the night.
In the next post I will discuss some of the problems associated with the drug.